Total Pageviews

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Daily Sport-February 3rd


 I know, one day in and I’ve already missed one of my editions of The Daily Sport…my bad. But screw it, if I’m going to miss a day, it’s going to be the Super Bowl Sunday that I’m bouncing between three different Super Bowl party locations, play a full round of golf (quite awfully on the Back 9 if I might add) and avoid a last-minute Wedding crisis with the fiancé. 

Today’s Daily Sport focuses on what’s being called the “Super Bowl” from last night. It was anything but “super” though as Seattle blew out Denver 43-8 in one of the biggest routs in Super Bowl history. The word that comes to mind is Wow. I was one of the few of those I know who picked the Seahawks to win last night’s game; my final score prediction was actually 31-24 Seattle. However, the way Richard Sherman (who I hate) Kam Chancellor, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Malcolm Smith, and the rest of the Seahawks dominated the game truly did shock me. 

 
Although I do feel the game was much closer than the final score indicated, from the time Percy Harvin ran freely in open space (for the 3rd time in the game) this time taking a kick return back for a touchdown, the game was essentially out of reach. The Broncos were outplayed, outcoached, and out and above, defeated in every single facet of the game. Russell Wilson outdueled Peyton Manning when he only even needed to be competent for the Seahawks still to manage a convincing easy victory. 


My bold prediction, coming off of this incredible performance is that one of these two teams won’t be among the final eight teams standing come playoff time next year. Now I don’t know just how bold that is, but if Peyton Manning returns for another season with the Broncos (which I think will happen now following that performance last night), and the Seahawks can retain even a good portion of their soon-to-be free agents, then it’s fairly safe to assume that each will become a favorite among their conferences’ participants to reach the Super Bowl again next season. 


And although I don’t like him and was vehemently rooting against him last night I must congratulate and throw “props” to Richard Sherman to, no matter how inconceivable it might be, showed incredible respect and sportsmanship in his tweets and handling of the Seattle fans trashing Peyton Manning after the game.
Side note: my top 3 favorite commercials from last night in order:

1: The Bud Light commercial(s):
A man has no idea he is being filmed for a Super Bowl ad thinking he is having the night/experience of a lifetime straight out of the Hangover but in real life.

2: The James Franco/Rob Riggle Ford commercial(s):
Rob Riggle and James Franco team up to show in déjà vu from just how significant the Ford Fusion’s class-leading gas-mileage is.

3: Budweiser Puppy/Horse Commerical:
Budweiser tugs at the hearts and softer sides of viewers as they document a puppy and horse’s budding friendship in a classic beer commercial.

And hell no, Tebow’s ad wasn’t even close to consideration for my list.

 Today will be better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment